13.8.13

Penang - What to do in Love Lane

Before I start the post, let me introduce the backpack hostel we stayed - Red Inn Penang Guesthouse. Here are the photos of the room. We picked the double-decker room (RM70/per room). There was air conditioner in the room but they didn't not provide fan. The bathrooms are located behind. We had been given the room near the bathrooms so there was no problem for us and we didn't have to worry much. Kindly take note that no breakfast will be provided if you missed the time for it. Yes, as we finished our shower at the morning and went downstair to have breakfast, we were told that the time for breakfast had already passed even though it was just few minutes pass 10 am. 





The Bathroom 



There was only one socket for each bed. 

The guest room - you can watch movies, tv programmes and read some books here. 




What can you do in Love Lane? Go for the cafes! The food might be a little pricey. If you want to save money, you can have some food in the stalls that located on the main road. 

The Mugshot 






Nostalgie Cafe

It was just 2-minutes walk from the backpack hostel we stayed. I always look at the interior designs when I am in a cafe or restaurant. For me, the designs are what the owner worked very hard for and something he/she wants the customers to feel. 

















Black pepper chicken chop

Pasta with Salmon (this is very good!)

I forgot the names of the drinks we ordered. The green colour one is like apple or lemon (sour taste, not recommend) while the purple one is like ribena lychee?



Behind 50's 



Unique Penang Art Gallery 

Next, you can pay a visit here. Do you like postcards? I do! There are many postcards here. Remember! Cameras are not allowed in the art gallery. 







Besides, you can have a facial mask while resting! Haha. My mask was broken so my face looked ugly and funny! My sister kept laughing and even myself can't help and we laughed together. 







 41 Living Story 

I wanted to have a look with the art gallery in upstair of 41 Living Story. Unfortunately, it was closed at that day. 











 Sky Cafe - Wai Kee Roast Meat Rice 

After we checked out from the hostel, we carried our backpack and walked to the Line Clear Nasi Kandar. We spot the Sky Cafe! Its roast char siew rice is indeed delicious! The price per plate is about RM5. You need to order the soup as it doesn't come as free. The aunties told us that we didn't have to queue but just tell the boss what meat we want. 







Line Clear Nasi Kandar (24 hours)

After reading many reviews about nasi kandar in penang, I decided to pay a visit here. We ordered a plate of yellow rice with a drumstick and some vegetables. It costed RM8. I was like Gosh! So expensive! Well, the taste is just so-so. It was not what I expected :(





No comments:

Post a Comment